Wednesday, September 17, 2014

"A Beautiful Mess" Happy Handmade Home by Elsie Larson and Emma Chapman



Fun fun fun!!

"A Beautiful Mess -- Happy Handmade Home" by Elsie Larson and Emma Chapman is such a fun decorating book! :) It is totally my kind of decorating! :) Really! I loved so much of it!

The book is filled with ideas for decorating different areas of the home: Living Rooms, Kitchens, Dining Rooms, Bedrooms, Studio Spaces, Outdoor Spaces, Playrooms, Small Spaces. The style of decorating is kind of quirky, bright, and fun. Totally my idea of great decorating! The book is filled with photos to inspire you with ideas of how to do your own spaces. There are unique wall coverings, bright artwork, interesting furniture and combinations, and lots of do-it-yourself projects!

Some of the projects have instructions, some are more like inspiration. None are very deep, and they allow wiggle room for your own touches.

Looking at the reviews on Amazon for this book, there are a lot of people who were disappointed with this book because they follow the authors' blog and didn't see much new in this book. Well, I had never seen that blog (!!) so these ideas were new to me! :) It's basically just a fun book that you can look through and envision new looks for your spaces in your home. The style is not for everyone, there is so much variation in people's tastes, but it certainly is for me!

There were a few typos which can be a little annoying, but you can get past them, and some projects that I thought were a bit too tacky for me (using electrical tape on a fridge or coffee table??) but hey! You shouldn't expect to love every single idea, right?!

I would recommend this book to someone who has similar tastes to mine in decorating (kind of free, bright, quirky, and colorful. Other people (such as my sister, who has much more "dignified" decorating tastes than mine) probably would not enjoy it quite so much, therefore I would not recommend it to them! But as for me--I like it!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I was not obligated to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment