Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Quick and easy running headband

When I run it drives me crazy to have my hair flapping on my forehead. I always have bangs, but when I run it is very annoying (when the sweat drips into my eyes it isn't too comfortable either!) My quick project tonight was to make a headband for running! :)



Here's how to make one for yourself!

Cut out a rectangle of cute fabric 5 1/2 inches wide and as long as the measurement from behind one ear to behind the other ear.

Also cut 2 of this same size rectangle out of an old cotton t-shirt (or some absorbent fabric).

Stitch the cute fabric to the t-shirt fabric, right sides together, leaving a little opening in the center of both short ends. put it on your head and hold it there with one hand :) while you measure the space left between the ends along the lower back of your head. Use this measurement to cut a piece of elastic (I used 1" wide) -- cut the elastic about 1" shorter than your measurement.

Stretch the elastic and measure this length. Cut another piece out of the old T-shirt :) to make a casing for the elastic, as long as the stretched-out length. Place the elastic into the casing, insert each end into the openings in the main body of the headband. Stitch the elastic/casing to the headband through all layers.

I also made a pleat at each end.

Trim your threads and try it on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment